[plug] [OT] signs that you're having a bad day: and why

Tim Bowden bowden at iinet.net.au
Thu Sep 18 11:35:01 WST 2003

Tim Bowden wrote:

> It looks like some time yesterday they blocked port 80 but mail is still
> going out and then coming back with a 550 error.  There are going to be
> lots of confused punters over the next few weeks who misspell the domain
> name and get an error saying the user name is wrong.  More problems to fix.

*SMACK ON HEAD*  confused just like me.

Error 550, bad domain name.  Perhaps I should put my brain in gear
before I open my mouth (or keyboard).  My only real defence is to point
to my comments the other week to someone else on this list... "but we
all make mistakes or assumptions or forget things that are soooo obvious
in hindsight that we go red in the face."

Tim Bowden