[plug] Please help.. i'm desperate

Sham Chukoury chukours at ses.curtin.edu.au
Sun Sep 21 12:58:59 WST 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-21 at 12:28, Daniel Pearson wrote:

> |If no sync on the above test, either the line was not readied, the modem is
> defective, or the DSLAM is down.
> Well, strange thing is.. as soon as I pickup the handset on a telephone, the
> ADSL will kick in.. as soon as its hung up, the ADSL drops out again.

Hmmm.. I'm not much of an expert when it comes to phone lines, but that
sounds like some sort of voltage issue to do with the phone line.
Improper wiring somewhere? :$

> I've contacted Telstra again.. just waiting on a call back, going to make
> the tech stay here for a minimum of 24 hours, to prove that its not my
> equipment. You can't tell me that its pure 'bad luck' that the DLink DSL300+
> and the Billion BIPAC711CE that I bought are both defective? Highly
> unlikely. Strange thing was, Telstra was saying "maybe its your PC setup
> thats intefering". Strange, that is considering the Billion for example
> doesn't even need to be connected to a PC to work, and when all my PCs are
> off the Billion still can't gain line sync.

You're going to make the tech stay for 24 hours? :| How much is that
gonna cost? :D
Nah, Bipac711CE working perfectly here. :) (Current uptime ~= 6 days, 5
hours) Yea, I agree it can't really be your PC setup. Hmmm... You didn't
inadvertently mess with the modem's line settings, did ya? :)

§:)