[plug] Please help.. i'm desperate

Daniel Pearson gpearson at iinet.net.au
Sun Sep 21 13:03:21 WST 2003

You said:
Hmmm.. I'm not much of an expert when it comes to phone lines, but that
sounds like some sort of voltage issue to do with the phone line.
Improper wiring somewhere? :$

I say:
Rang Telstra about 3 days ago, got them to do a voltage test, they said no
problems (standard Telstra response it seems!)

You said:
You're going to make the tech stay for 24 hours? :| How much is that
gonna cost? :D
Nah, Bipac711CE working perfectly here. :) (Current uptime ~= 6 days, 5
hours) Yea, I agree it can't really be your PC setup. Hmmm... You didn't
inadvertently mess with the modem's line settings, did ya? :)

I say:
Heh, shouldn't cost me anything.. its not my fault they provide a poor
service :|
Nope, haven't touched the modem's line settings, all i've done is added the
iiNet config settings, and setup some simple port forwarding.

Cheers,
Daniel