[plug] Please help Daniel: comparing Billion reports

Adam Hewitt ahewitt at globaldial.com
Fri Sep 26 12:45:57 WST 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 12:31, Daniel Pearson wrote:
> Hi Garry,
> Looks like i'll have to do that - as soon as I cancelled the line fault, my
> ADSL stopped working again *sigh*
>
> Typical, money hungry bastards. Make it work just before the tech guy comes
> out, so he can say "nope, works fine" and then because its working, I cancel
> the fault.. and mysteriously things go AWOL again.
>
> Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I know that I am commenting on this a little late, but I have been
following. I just wanted you to know that I had a line problem with
Telstra a few years ago that was intermittent, bascially crackle on the
line which caused me to get disconnected from my dialup service. Every
time the telstra guy would come out the problem would be gone, but I
kept complainign and evebtually they sent out a senior engineer who
found a fault and they ended up pulling up the cabling in the entire
street (this was in South Perth)...to which they guy told me that a
number of other people in the street had come out and said "while your
there can you check my line, it goes a bit crackley sometimes.."...grrr.

In anycase the point of the story is that it took about 5 or 6 goes
before the Senior guy came out and not only was I *never* charged
anything for it, but Telstra actually compensated me $380 for my
inconvenience. So I would be asking why they are charging you in the
first place...especially concidering the troubleshooting you have
already tried and the story surrounding it.

Good luck..again

Adam