[plug] My ADSL stats for Daniel

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Mon Sep 29 20:58:59 WST 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 19:49, Daniel Pearson wrote:
> I might try the crosstalk trick tomorrow, if he says there is no problem..

You might just try telling him the truth. Every Telstra tech I have ever
dealt with on site was a professional who knew their way around the wire
and could find a fault.

It has been my experience that once you have a tech with you, the skill
is in communicating your issue with them so they can own the problem and
can do something about it.

It does you absolutely no good to tell fibs, because a simple test on
their side will prove you are wrong.

You would benefit more in my opinion by explaining the tests you have
conducted, the ways you've attempted to isolate the problem, how you've
tested your hardware in different locations, how you've tested other
hardware on this line and what else you've attempted.

But you can ignore all my advice if you want.

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S15:51'18" - E128:45'05" (Crossing Falls, Kununurra, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..