[plug] Just introducing myself to the group

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Tue Sep 30 16:03:28 WST 2003

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 03:56:05PM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> In other words - feel free to ask questions, but people are
> usually much happer to answer your questions if you show you've
> gone to a little effort to find the answer yourself first, and
> avoid repeating old questions.

> That said, I think we've all been guilty of the "post, then find
> it with google 5 mins later" mistake, or worse find the answer in
> the already-installed documentation....

This is quite a natural thing to occur.

In phrasing the question for others to understand, you're forced to
think about the problem in another way (one hopes!) and this not
infrequently results in you working out the solution yourself, or in
being able to find the answer by varying the search criteria.

Sometimes it's just one keyword that you hadn't thought of using.