[plug] LinmagAU

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Fri Apr 2 19:24:19 WST 2004

I've just received the May 2004 edition of Linux Magazine that has
an article on Wiki*. It's a long article and it'll take me a while
to get my frazzled mind around it...

I was thinking that although LinmagAU isn't an encyclopedia, the
collective authoring mechanism may be suited to "composing" the
magazine off-line (i.e.  in a restricted area) and then when the
managing editor reckons it's due, grabbing a mix of articles and
publishing it as the latest edition. Finding people to sub-edit
particular columns is probably the greatest hurdle.

A web-based magazine can of course also have more-active content; as
well as provide sneak previews of the articles being composed.