[plug] IP accounting

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 4 20:14:37 WST 2004

> Oh, another thing - is it possible to set up the
> rules to do per-user accounting?  It's not so bad on
> the local internal network where there's only the
one
> user, but there are multiple users on the machine
with
> dialup.

Don't know about iptables rules, but we use the
UserIPAcct patch found at
http://ramses.smeyers.be/homepage/useripacct/ - works
a treat.

HTH
Andrew

=====
Linux supports the notion of a command line or a shell for the same
reason that only children read books with only pictures in them.
Language, be it English or something else, is the only tool flexible
enough to accomplish a sufficiently broad range of tasks.
                          -- Bill Garrett

http://au.movies.yahoo.com