[plug] Attention, webcritters!

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Fri Apr 9 09:55:11 WST 2004

In message <200404090927.07574.leon at brooks.fdns.net>
on Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 09:27:07AM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
>  1. There is no obvious contact address. There should be one (probably
>     committee at ...) on the front page.
>  2. There is no obvious place to start at all. We need a simple link
>     near the top of the page that says "START HERE",

Anyone know how to add such links to the menus? Perhaps add a link to
the 'General Information' section of the FAQ? (May have to ask Kim for
instructions or additional privileges.)

>         * a contact email
>         * a contact 'phone number
>         * the mailing list instructions
>         * the meeting pages

Perhaps the committee could supply some of that information (e.g. whose
phone numbers?). I think at least a couple of committee members have
some form of admin access for the website.

>  3. The last meeting notice is over a month old.

What meeting do you mean? I must have missed the last meeting
announcement on this list (in fact, the question went unanswered when it
appeared on this list). If you are referring to seminars, perhaps it
would be more appropriate to ask Craig A? I'm fairly sure that anyone
can post articles to the front page, so perhaps the committee can pursue
that with Craig. Hopefully there's someone reading this e-mail who knows
how to drive the calendar.