[plug] Attention, webcritters!

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Fri Apr 9 12:54:54 WST 2004

In message <20040409044605.GA18402 at patrick.wattle.id.au>
on Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 12:46:05PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> I have no idea how to do stuff :-(  Apparently I've now got full
> [privileges] over everything

You've got more than me, then.

> but Postnuke seems unnecessarily complicated to do simple things.

Someone has suggested using 'Xaraya', though I have no idea about the
relative merits of this package or the process of migrating to it.

> (IMNSHO Plug would be better served with flat HTML pages which would
> look uglier

I'm not sure why they would look uglier (I assume you mean 'flat' in the
sense of 'flat-file database'). But I agree that PN seems awkward (and
there are some problems that we so far don't know how to fix). Clearly,
though, PN has some advantages such as the ability for arbitrary
visitors to post articles.