[plug] [OT] Aluminium cases

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Sun Apr 11 15:19:39 WST 2004

On Sun, 2004-04-11 at 15:34, Chris Caston wrote:
> Does anyone here recommend against using these in case ( no pun
> intended) they cause the motherboard to short more often?
>
> It seems to be the experience I have been having with them.

I'm very confused.

Why would any case cause a motherboard to short more often than any
other? I mean if it's a case then there are stand-offs for mounting the
motherboard and installing peripherals.

Now if you're talking about a box in which you'd like to mount a
motherboard, but isn't a case as such - eg. designed to hold
motherboards, then you're talking about something else entirely.

Finally, the only circumstance I can imagine during which a motherboard
short would happen is if you were to install it while it is powered up,
in which case you deserve to have it short and burn out anything that is
attached, including your fingers :-)

As I said, "I'm very confused."

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S38°01'05" - E145°25'10" (Upper Beaconsfield, VIC)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..