[plug] [OT] Aluminium cases

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Sun Apr 11 21:57:44 WST 2004

On 11 Apr 2004 at 15:59, Chris Caston wrote:

> Yeah I don't know what was causing the issues.
>
> After that it doesn't work until I try it again outside the case with a
> unmounted psu and and a separated on switch.

I had a similar situation with two machines last year, stripped out and on the bench  - everything
was perfect - put it all back in the case - and everything was OK - then put the case covers back
on and nothing but problems -

Final verdict - in one case the chassis was distorted after falling off a desk - in the the other
case some of the internal chassis members were distorted.

Cause of problem - putting the rigid case covers back on caused the chassis to flex which in turn
caused the m/boards to flex - instant problems with unpredictable results.

Solution - two new (rebuilt actually) cases - no more worries.

HTH