[plug] Banks to switch to linux...

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Thu Apr 22 16:45:03 WST 2004

Senectus - wrote:

| actually.. I wonder if its possible to do a software RAID of some USB
| keys... it'd have to be customized something terrible.. and performance
| would suck..

It should be possible, although tricky as the device numbers assigned
to a given USB device are not static.  As for performance, who knows?
I get several mb/s out of my USB keychain thingy, while USB has a peak
/theoretical/ bandwidth of 60 mb/s.  It wouldn't surprise me if you
were able to get at least a marginal performance increase with several
of them.

Cameron.