[plug] mirroring and updating a remote http directory

Craig Foster fostware at westnet.com.au
Fri Aug 6 19:18:53 WST 2004

Two things

1) Use Vet 10.6x as it downloads incremental updates
2) Setup a Master Setup on a windows box, and call it the vet server:-
(not that it has to be the file server....)
(on vetserver)R:\>vetsetup /master or unzip setup32.exe /master
(on vetserver) \\vetserver\vetauto\setup.exe
(in logon scripts ) \\vetserver\vetauto\setup.exe
Let the vet server check the updates and hand out the sigs during every user
logon.

It's designed to run that way. Vet does not even like linux in one bit.
Or you could grab the updates via ftp (which supports timestamps) from
ftpav.ca.com

Regards,

CraigF.