[plug] Installing Firefox on Mandrake 9

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Sat Aug 14 19:01:28 WST 2004

In message <00dd01c481eb$d3df2210$0201a8c0 at home>
on Sat, Aug 14, 2004 at 06:45:33PM +0800, Joel Johnson wrote:
> Trying to install Firefox 0.9.3 and keep getting to the same part in
> the install when I get the following message and the setup closes:

How are you installing it:
 - what have you downloaded, and from where?
 - have you previously had Firefox or Mozilla installed?
 - do you have an existing copy of Firefox  or Mozilla still installed?
 - are you installing as 'root' or yourself? (I am not suggesting that
   you necessarily need to install as 'root', because you don't -- I'm
   just asking.)

> Extracting libplc4.so
> Fatal error [-618]: Couldn't open xpistub library
> Am I missing a dependency of some kind?

I thought that the latest versions of libplc4.so and libxpistub.so
were both distributed with Mozilla and Firefox, so you don't need
them pre-installed. I know this doesn't help you, but thought I
would mention it anyway.