Fair Use (was: Re: [plug] Converting Video formats on Linux)

Chris Griffin griffinster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 09:59:44 WST 2004

Harry,

your point is well put and thanks for the link. I was not aware that
it was available (and am surprised that it is). In all likleyhood he
will go and purchase it as the quality of the version we have is very
low, in fact I may purchase it for him as a present. In the meantime I
will continue with what I am doing as  a learning exercise. I do,
however, make the usual observation on the very high price $35.95.
With your average high profile movie this price is normal but if one
is prepared to wait it will eventually drop, sometimes to half it's
original price.
I have a fairly large DVD collection, all legal, all purchased when
the price has dropped. I believe strongly in "doing the right thing".
But I still make the same observation, if they can afford to drop the
price by that much over time, and still be making a good profit, where
then is the fairness in the pricing in the first place?
Just my 2c worth.

Chris