[plug] Debian Installation - Sid

Trevor Phillips trevor.phillips at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 16:13:36 WST 2004

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 13:45:40 +0800, Ben Woods
<woodsb02 at student.uwa.edu.au> wrote:

> What I wanted to ask is this: what do I have to do to enable the "unstable" sid
> versions to be downloaded when i am installing the software?

Last time I used a beta of the "Sarge" installer, it prompted during
install whether I wanted to build a Stable, Testing or Unstable system
- so selecting Unstable there should give you what you want.

Any particular reason you want a fully Sid system? Personally, I use
Sarge/Testing as the base, and just install Sid packages as required.
You can set priorities in /etc/apt/preferences to default to Sarge,
but override to Sid for specific things as needed.

> Also if anyone knows any pitfalls i may come across during the installation,
> that would really help! I have already given it a shot at home

Don't pick the UK keyboard mapping!! (The second or so question asked. ^_^)

--
Trevor Phillips  - http://jurai.murdoch.edu.au/
Web Technical Administrator  -  IT Services, Murdoch University