[plug] Suggestion for web site

Clare Johnstone clare at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Tue Aug 31 06:36:22 WST 2004

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, Bret Busby wrote:
> and one in the shopping centre. Both sell various Linux magazines and
> pocket books. Neither appears to sell, for example, the magazine Linux
> Format.
>
> I think that it would need the active participation of most people on
> the list, to get people to go and check what Linux materials are
> available at their local newsagents, and submit their findings, to make
> publishing such a web page, worthwhile.

Hi Brett,

On the one or 2 occasions I got Linux Format it was in the shopping
centre. I noticed that these items were only in the shop for a very short
time each month. I only get magazines occasionally, but if you want one
regularly it is a good idea to subscribe, or arrange with the newsagent to
save one for you. Linux Format may be a special case as the copies I got
(some time back) actually stated that newsagent purchase was not to be
relied on. The quick turnover means that going somewhere to get a
copy of any magazine which is seen in a particular newsagent is likely to
be disappointing; likewise the effort of all the people making the reports
likely to be wasted, It may help to find out from the newsagent which day
his deliveries arrive.

cheers,
clare