[plug] new radeon card problems

Jim Householder nofixed at westnet.com.au
Sun Dec 19 23:15:25 WST 2004

Hi

Sorry this is not connected to the proper thread, but my linux
network access is currently down and this is posted from XP.

I finally got most of my Radeon adapter working - movement is a bit
shaky.

libglx.a had gone missing from /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions, and
the vertical refresh rate in /etc/X11/XF86Config had been set *much*
too low by the clever software that detected the card which appears
to totally replace the configuration file rather than modify what's
there with the proper monitor section.

I get warnings
(WW) No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:1:0:1) found.
-- I'm specifying PCI:1:0:0, and get a usable screen.
(WW) Radeon(0) failed to set up write combining range
0xd0000000,0x8000000

If I change to PCI:1:0:1, it says it can't find PCI:1:0:0 and aborts.