[plug] apt-get and Gnome2 issue

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Mon Dec 20 15:16:01 WST 2004

In message <1103517749.864.24.camel at vaio>
on Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 12:42:29PM +0800, Ryan wrote:
> deb http://ftp.aarnet.edu.au/debian testing main contrib non-free
> deb http://ftp.aarnet.edu.au/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib non-free
> deb http://ftp.aarnet.edu.au/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> deb http://ftp.aarnet.edu.au/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-free
[...]
> I try to live out of testing where possible.

I assume you added 'unstable' recently. This means that APT will prefer
the packages from of unstable (because they are newer than those in
testing). Hence, it wants to upgrade your entire system to unstable.
Perhaps you want to do use the 'pinning' feature to achieve a different
effect. I think this is covered in both the list archives and the web
in general.