[plug] Fwd: Country Energy bets business on open source

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Feb 11 10:22:48 WST 2004

Hi,

[Hmm...spooky...I can post to the list but I can't read it because mail
hasn't come through from spark in the last 13 hours.]

Here is an article based on comments by "David Peters...information
systems manager" at "Country Energy, which is based in Bathurst, NSW".
It describes his position with regards to commercial UNIX, open source
software, Linux and Windows. It describes the sort of mixed-platform
environment that I personally enjoy. One salient comment: "On the
numerous vendor and analyst TCO arguments flying around about Linux
versus Unix and Windows, Peters said: "The battle is between Unix versus
Windows rather than Linux versus Unix."