[plug] AbiWord 1 crash recovery

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Feb 18 17:57:46 WST 2004

Hi,

I almost never use graphical word processors. However, today I made an
attempt to do so. Because I get too distressed using OpenOffice, I
decided to try AbiWord. I finished the document ten minutes ago.
However, when I clicked on the 'Print' toolbar button, AbiWord crashed.
Then, it crashed whenever I tried to open the document. I found that I
could edit the XML file (.abw) to remove the parts that caused the
crash. I copied the 'body' of the corrupt element into a duplicate of
another paragraph and the document was recovered. Hope this helps
someone (who uses AbiWord 1?).

PS. The crash is followed by this, which doesn't tell anybody anything:
/usr/bin/abiword: line 73:  ???? Aborted $ABISUITE_LIBEXEC/$ABIWORD_BINARY "$@"