[plug] next Installfest?

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Sun Feb 29 13:51:55 WST 2004

Got a 8-port Netgear and a 24-port (that's noisy due to a fan needing replaced) Netgear.
Anyone know how to repair a noisy fan?

Jon

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS, ASE
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

Bernard Blackham wrote:

| We've got a lot of people who are motivated to do things with a
| rolling ball... just trying to get it rolling :) I think it'd be a
| raving success.

Sounds... optimistic :-)  But not necessarily wrong.

| Things we'll need help with are:
|
|  - Network infrastructure: people willing to give up a switch for
|    the day.

Hmm.  I may be able to give up a couple of 5-port switches but don't
have any bigger ones.  (Not that can be spared, anyway.)

We'd also need a server with mirrors of a number of distros (Debian,
Mandrake, SuSE, Red Hat/Fedora, Gentoo(?), ...), though it sounds as
though Linux IT have got that side of things mostly under control?

|  - Power boards & extension leads

These should be easy to find - I suspect that many people would have a
few spares, and pooling these together should give us a decent number.
If we can't get enough, well, a few cheap'n'cheery power boards and
extension cords aren't likely to break the bank and could be useful
for the Monday workshops anyway.

|  - Publicity - somebody to do up an A4/A5 flyer to hand around, and
|    people to distribute them to the masses.

Yes.  (N.B. My agreement is not to be taken for willingness to
volunteer for this.)  We also need catchy slogans to put on the
flyers.

Cameron.