[plug] Realplayer proxy

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Fri Jan 2 18:35:34 WST 2004

Want to make sure I have this right.  You have a Linux box that accesses the net and another that does not, yet you want the one that does not to be able to access a realplayer's stream from the one that is accessing the net.  So I have to assume that the one that can access the net can receive realplayer streams correct?  This being the case then all you need to do is forward the streams to the linux box that is *not* accessing the net.
This should be handled by setting a rule on the linux box that *is* accessing the net to forward the streams to the internal linux box on UDP port 7070.  Set the internal box to receive streams on the default port (UDP 7070) or set the non-accessible box to receive streams via http.

Jon

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS, ASE
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

>>> derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk 11:42:51 am 1/01/2004 >>>
Does anyone know if it's possible, and if so what is involved, in setting up a
proxy for realplayer? I want a Linux box which can't see the outside 'net to
be able to receive real streams. I have a Linux box which can see out and
which can act as a proxy for it. I haven't a clue where to start. :o}

--
> eatapple
core dump