[plug] Power down

laurie anderson vautin at aijv.com.au
Wed Jan 14 11:57:42 WST 2004

 Morning All,
 Hot once again.

 A trivial question I know but worth asking.

 This only happens when I need to use the scanner (epson 1260 USB)

 The system is an Athlon 1800+, the Motherboard is A7N266-VM

 Shutting down the system, everything is normal right through to
 the power down message.
 When I physically try & switch the power off  at the computer nothing
 happens, so switch off at the power point, discovered the other day at
 if I hit the reboot button & then the computers off button that
 works.
 The thing is I shouldn't have to do any of this except hit the on/off
 button on the computer.

 What causes this??? how do we fix it.

 Has any one come across this one before.

 Laurie