[plug] Good news for DVD playing on Linux?

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 23 17:54:32 WST 2004

Whether or not things are fully legal with the patents is another issue,
what I do know is that msot distros are coming with DVD playing as standard,
minus the CSS decryption. If you have an unencrypted DVD, most major distros
will play it with no hassles. I think distros will still steer clear for a
few months of DeCSS, but it's worth watching. Check out xinehq.de and
mplayerhq.hu every few days and see what gets mentioned.

"...it was brilliant, there was three up against a thousand, and boy, did we
give those three heaps!"