[plug] Telstra rort

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Tue Jan 27 17:01:02 WST 2004

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 04:38:26PM +0800, Ben New wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I think this might be another case for the ACCC.
>
> We are in the process of moving, and found it impossible to determine
> whether ADSL is available before accepting the lease.  We are now stuck
> with a 12 month lease on a property which doesn't support ADSL.  The
> stupid thing is, this place is in Rivervale, not 10km from the centre of
> Perth.  The story goes like this:

Although you should be able to find out things like this beforehand, you
could work around this by enquiring about the 'phone number at a
potential neighbour's place.

It's not guaranteed (it's possible you'll be on a different exchange
to your neighbour, I suppose) but likely to work.

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
At these prices, I lose money -- but I make it up in volume.
		-- Peter G. Alaquon