[plug] [OT] Telstra rort

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Tue Jan 27 17:02:05 WST 2004

Ben New wrote:

| Has anybody else been stung like this?

Nope, although we almost had a similar situation at work (in Malaga).
Fortunately in this case there was more than one phone line, and
although one (or two?) were on pair gains or some such, we were able to
get ADSL on another.  Telstra were less than helpful though - it looked
for a while as though we'd be stuck on 28.8k dialup.

At home (in Duncraig) we had no problems getting ADSL - although I'd
bloody hope so, considering that our phone lines predate RIMs and pair
gains and such nasties, and we're only a few hundred metres from the
exchange.

Cameron.