[plug] [OT] Telstra rort

Paul Stone paul at dustcreative.com
Tue Jan 27 17:21:34 WST 2004

Last week I helped a mate install some new phone lines in south-perth, he
sub-contracts for a guy, who-sub-contracts for a company who sub-contracts
to telstra.

Another mate of mine moved into a 'new suburb' where they deliberately used
pair gaining to save costs, so no adsl for them unfortunately.

My cousin had a phone line with excessive line noise so he complained about
it alot, eventually got a clearer line and was able to install adsl at that
house - im not sure if they upgraded the lines or if they were already
there, just needed fixing...

As an alternative to adsl, you might want to try a wireless connection with
a local isp, although I believe it has a few 'drawbacks'

Paul