[plug] Telstra rort

bob bob at fots.org.au
Tue Jan 27 17:38:57 WST 2004

On Tuesday 27 January 2004 16:54, Trent Lloyd wrote:
> apparently if you badger telstra enough you can get a new line thats adsl
> capable provided your exchange has ports

I would love to know that it takes :(. I have been hassling telstra for the
last 18 months over a line fault, took them that long to figure out that
they stripped the insulation off part of the new copper that they pulled so
I could have the second line. The install took them 16 weeks to do too...
anyway, an ongoing problem that telstra was more than happy to brush off
till I was able to convince a tech that YES! there was a problem... I still
have crap bandwidth 28800 -33600 - but at least its better than 9600 -14400
that it was :(

So... how do you get that new line put in ???

To Ben's problem, if you're off the Corinthian Rd Exch (same as me) you're
dealing with infrastructure thats been in the ground for ~30 years and
techs that see trouble tickets as an inconvenience to be dealt with as
quickly and as cheaply as possible... best of luck :(.

--
Everywhere I look I see NEGATIVITY and ASPHALT ...