[plug] ADSL: Hardware Gateways vs Linux

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Tue Jul 6 17:49:51 WST 2004

Chris Caston wrote:
so reseted it.

> I've got this huge feeling that wireless is just a complete and total
> pain in the arse so much so that it totally outweighs any possible
> conveniences. Give me normal network cables any day.

I rely on wireless for my external and internal internet connectivity (Link to the office).

I have a wireless bridge to the office backed by a WAP in the ceiling as I can't cable through solid
concrete walls. Wireless is a complete godsend.

The only problem I get is the A/C unit in the roof sometimes spikes the PSU on the hub I have up
there and locks it up. My fault for buying a cheap and nasty hub. When I get a tic I'll put some
extra suppression between the PSU and the hub and solve that one.

Different strokes I guess. I can't live without mine.

Regards,
Brad