[plug] VPNs and stuff

Simon Scott sscott at westnet.com.au
Thu Jul 8 22:19:37 WST 2004

Hi guys

Quick question, hopefully someone can advise me on where to turn....

We're trying to setup a VPN between my house and my mate's house via
2 ADSL links.

So far, we've tried IPSEC, which failed since we have a double NAT
scenario, and PPTP, which we could probably get working but appears
to be better suited to Road Warrior kind of usage. Since we're going
from server to server, the client setup is a nightmare without the
associated GUI tools.

Has anyone got any advice on other tech we can use to get a permanent
LAN to LAN via double NAT style of VPN?

Any advice appreciated.

Simon