[plug] Backup of drives for installfest??

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 10:16:34 WST 2004

oh yeah, I duno if Bernard mentioned or not.. but have managed to get
a halfway decent Compaq (uh i think its a 2ru DL380...) Server.

So we'll be building that bugger today.

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 10:10:19 +0800, Craig Ringer
<craig at postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-07-17 at 10:03, Cameron Patrick wrote:
>
> > Ideally today for the installfest tomorrow.  If you reckon they're
> > easy I might have a shot at compiling them tonight ...
>
> I /think/ it should be fairly easy. You will need to build partimage's
> dependencies as static libraries first. Obviously I can't guarantee
> it'll work without trying it myself now.
>
> I can't remember if rebuilding the server with --no-ssl --no-login (or
> whatever - sorry, it's been a while since I worked on that stuff) is
> enough, or if you need to rebuild the client to talk to the
> authentication-less server as well. I suspect it might've been the
> latter when I looked at it, unfortunately.
>
> --
> Craig Ringer

Attacking Linus' integrity and character is like clubbing baby seals.
- PJ, Groklaw.net