[plug] Next installfest - "going Corp"

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Wed Jul 21 11:38:55 WST 2004

I'm sure you can get someone from Novell and IBM, I attended their workshop last week and it was packed.

Jon

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS, ASE
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby

>>> senectus at gmail.com 10:35:40 am 21/07/2004 >>>
My boss has asked when we plan on having the next one, but what he
really wants is to get us, Novell, IBM and HP (etc) to put on a
"Corporate" focused gig.

Now I'm not sure how we'd approach such a thing.. but I'm all for the idea.
I believe that Novell and IBM in particular would damn near throw the
party themselves... as they're being quiet active in pushing
Novell/SUSE/IBM servers in the local Perth Business market at the
moment.
I'm sure that Linux I.T. would like to ride this wave as well, I'm not
aware of other "Linux shops" in Perth.. Except for one guy I met (and
forgot his name) at the Novell sales pitch a few weeks ago.

What's the feel here?

--
Attacking Linus' integrity and character is like clubbing baby seals.
- PJ, Groklaw.net
PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.linux.org.au
Committee e-mail: committee at plug.linux.org.au