PuTTY (font size) - was Re: [plug] ownership

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Thu Jul 29 16:59:44 WST 2004

At 16:20 29/07/2004 +0800, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:

>Denis Brown wrote:
>
>>At 15:30 29/07/2004 +0800, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:

<snip>

>>What version of PuTTY?   I found this effect with 0.51 and upgraded to
>>0.54 after which the problem went away.
>Should it happen though if I do it through console and come up with the
>error message of dropped. BTW I have an unidentified build so I don't even
>know what version I have.

Sorry, from previous replies I now see that you are using a Linux version
of PuTTY so all bets may be off in respect of above :-)

You mentioned that you chose PuTTY because the font size (in your KDE
konsole) is too small to read?   If so you may be able to get a
satisfactory font size by adjusting the settings in the konsole itself, and
reverting to the use of konsole rather than PuTTY.   Apologies if you've
Been There and Done That (tm)   With konsole on display click Settings,
Font and choose one to suit.   This should be persistent over sessions but
I don't know if it then applies globally or only on a konsole-by-konsole
basis.   You can also adjust (Settings, Size) the overall size of the
display window which might be a help, too.

The other thought, if screen fonts are generally way too small, would be to
suspect that you have a very high resolution display mode in use and that
the X FontPath set in your XF86Config file selects , say, the 75dpi font
ahead of the 100dpi font.   Better not to get too deeply into that here in
case I'm way off track :-)

HTH,
Denis