[plug] [OT] GeForce 2mx fan issue

caston at arach.net.au caston at arach.net.au
Wed Jun 2 13:04:24 WST 2004

Quoting Craig Foster <fostware at westnet.com.au>:

> 1. Buy another card. They're that cheap these days :(
> 2. My machine has a backplane rotary extractor
> 	Anyware PN FC-900L
> See http://melbourne.anyware.com.au/cache/item-523public.html?cache=no
>
> Take off the current fan off the card and install this puppy.
> You might want to measure where your GPU actually sits, cos you want the
> intake in the general vicinity of the GPU.
> Also note that when mounted the intake faces the AGP card when mounted in
> the slot below...

Thanks I have a few of these and I didn't think of trying that but it does take up another PCI slot I
believe. I'm going to try another GPU fan as well as I've already placed the order.

I'm going to give the customer the option of putting the card back in or buying a new one but
they gave me the picture they didn't want to buy a new card unless they had to.

thanks,

Chris Caston