[plug] mailman+exim WOES

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jun 8 16:48:48 WST 2004

In message <Pine.LNX.4.44.0406081511400.1037-100000 at guild.murdoch.edu.au>
on Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 03:12:01PM +0800, Shayne O'Neill wrote:
> When someone submits an email to the list its supposed to go into a
> moderator queue (non mysql). Sometimes it takes hours to turn up there.

One thing you haven't yet mentioned: any messages in the system logs or
in Mailman's logs (it keeps its own set of logs)? What if it's something
completely oblique like low disk space or high load?

> On sending , It doesnt seem to do anything.

Although I doubt exim is the culprit in this case, the complete,
unlogged disappearance of mail had been a characteristic of all
exim-based multi-users systems (and by that I mean "servers that
support thousands of shell users") that I've used.