[plug] Demon Internet.?

James Elliott James.Elliott at wn.com.au
Wed Jun 9 15:03:53 WST 2004

Let me apologise up front that this question is off topic, but as I know
most of you are computer gurus in your various fields, perhaps you not might
helping anyway, off list if you prefer (my e-mail address is given below in
my signature.

I needed IE5 for an older computer not supported by IE6.  I found a download
at www.demon.net  It installed and worked fine.  I don't know why, but I
clicked on the .exe file I had downloaded on my Athlon WinXP machine and it
installed - grrr!   However, it  did not replace my IE6, but it has topped
and tailed the Browser and E-mail client with Demon logos and links.  All my
previous settings, address book, etc are still there, so it is not a major
problem.  If I want to get back to basic IE6 without the Demon-isation, do
you think an IE6 install over would do the trick?

James Elliott BSc(WA) GradDipCompSt(Murdoch) CertCompEng
Ravensthorpe Computers
Cnr Morgans & Scott Streets
PO Box 228 Ravensthorpe  WA  6346
and
PeelTech - Peel Region Computer Technology
6 River Road, Boddington  WA  6390
Contact details for both offices:
Tel 08 9883 8178    Fax 08 9883 9526
E-mail: James.Elliott at wn.com.au