[plug] Market researchers calling Perth Businesses

Scott Middleton scott at linuxit.com.au
Thu Jun 10 12:29:09 WST 2004

Just a heads up for some people.

I just got a phone call from IDC Malaysia asking if I wanted to take
part in a survey of Linux take-up in my business. Being the cynical
person I am, I said that unless they told me who the research is for I
wont take part in it.

I got a phone call a few minutes later by a supervisor who said I wasn't
the right business anyway because we sell Linux here but could she get
the contact details of our clients. I repeated myself saying that I wont
help unless I know who is funding the research and that I wouldn't be
giving out details to a stranger in a foreign country either. She asked
if IDC Australia could call me.

I could keep going but in the end they told me it was definitely for
Microsoft. I told them no.

Just in case you think you are promoting Linux by answering a few
"harmless" questions in a survey.

Regards

--
Scott Middleton <scott at linuxit.com.au>