[plug] cupsd issues

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Jun 15 10:18:23 WST 2004

Simon Scott wrote:

> After installing cups and configuring, it refuses to print. The web interface
> claims "Parallel port busy; will retry in 30 seconds..."

Any chance the parport is disabled in BIOS? I can easily imagine CUPS as
the sort of app that would take a 'no such device' failure on opening
the device as "didn't work, assuming busy".

Are you able to confirm that the parport drivers are working and that
it's possible to at least open the device for access? Is the 'lp' driver
loaded?

--
Craig Ringer