[plug] Annoyances

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Tue Jun 15 17:47:42 WST 2004

Onno Benschop wrote:

| I'm using gnome-terminal under Debian. When I run modconf, I get all
| manner of accented A's, E's and O's, rather than the pretty lines I need
| to see.

I would suspect that this is a UTF-8 issue.  I see funny accented
letters instead of arrows and lines and stuff when I use mutt over
Putty - PuTTY expects ISO-8859-1 characters but it's actually getting
UTF-8 ones.

On the other hand, I'm also using Debian with the same locale and
don't see accented letters.  (This is with xterm.  It looks much the
same in gnome-terminal.)  I do see funny little boxes in the top line
of the display though.

Cameron.