[plug] Community Seminars

johnmorcos johnmorcos at westnet.com.au
Thu Jun 17 19:39:05 WST 2004

---- Original Message ----
From: craig at postnewspapers.com.au
To: plug at plug.linux.org.au
Subject: Re: [plug] Community Seminars
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 19:22:58 +0800

>Jacqueline McNally wrote:
>
>> - how to compose a document, e.g. a letter and be able to find it
>again
>
>It's not just new users that need that one, I'm afraid. I just spent
>some time locating a Word doc that a user here had lost ... sorry,
>that
>"the computer lost." They couldn't tell me the filename or when they
>wrote it, which didn't help.
>
>> - how to work on computer at home and at school/TAFE/UNI
>
>Including how to move files around between them when you need to.
>
>> - what you need to get connected, e.g. phone line, modem, computer,
>ISP
>> - how to choose an ISP
>
>... and that you need an ISP, a modem isn't good enough. I've had
>people
>  here come to me and ask why "my internet doesn't work at home" when
>
>they're either not signed up for an ISP or not dialling out.
>Thankfully
>nobody with an ISP account but no MODEM yet.
>
>--
>Craig Ringer
>
>_

oh yes i have may users say they want to download the internet
that one always makes me laugh
and yes the call i always get is how come i downloaded the program
but i cant say for instance still read the pdf file, when i look
usually the installer is sitting on thier desktop untouched. yes that
brings me to another one explainig to people why its not wise to a
million shortcuts and files on thier desktop.

explain why its good practice to have one area that they save thier
data in and how to create sub folders to organise their data. good
house keeping in other words.