[plug] Top posting?

Steve Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Tue Jun 22 17:18:40 WST 2004

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 04:16 pm, Senectus . wrote:
> Is it really that irritating to everyone?
[...]

I had no idea if my mailer (kmail) was set to top-post by default, so I
thought I would reply to find out. The only 'default' I can see is that the
cursor is on the top line of the quoted message - is that what you mean?
Surely having to move the cursor down a couple of lines to the appropriate
spot to insert your response is not too hard, and it takes very little time.

For the difference it makes to the readability, I think it is well worth the
effort, especially on longer messages where the relevant point is off the
page (a little <snip> maybe?) or messages with multiple replies.

And does it mean I am in the minority if I admit to *reading* my reply to make
sure it makes sense before sending it? (obviously things slip through
sometimes though :)

Steve

--
"Most men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most pick themselves
up and continue on as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill