[plug] ADSL - filters/splitters

Martin marty at supine.com
Tue Jun 22 21:23:18 WST 2004

$quoted_author = "Arie Hol" ;

> Can any body give me an indication of the best/cheapest way of
> installing a hard wired solution rather then using "plug-in type"
> filters/splitters ?
>
> I would need too many of the plug-in type, which I'm told will degrade
> the quality of the service.

?
what situation do you have that would require too many of the plugin
filters?

you normally need one filter per phone handset.

here i have a central filter so a handset can be plugged into any phone
outlet without needing it's own filter. ie. telstra copper comes in to
wiring closet and a distribution block. two cables come off this block,
one goes to the adsl modem unfiltered, the other is filtered and goes to
a second distribution block from which comes all the wiring for phone
outlets.

marty

--
You get 10 points for difficulty,