[plug] buying a new printer

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Jun 23 15:51:42 WST 2004

Pete Blackhouse wrote:

> Also, the black head nozzles continually clog up, when mean it
> has to be cleaned.

That usually means you've used crap ink in it in the past and damaged
it. Sadly, Epson's claims about printer damage from bad ink appear
legit, though the question of how much of that is by design could be raised.

> The cleaning process can't be done on one cartridge, it
> has to be done on both. More colour ink wasted. Earlier this year I put a new
> colour cartridge in it, and 2 months later I replaced that colour cartridge
> without having printed a single page of colour output!

We go through one, sometimes two whole sets of carts every WEEK here.
Not fun in the price department.

--
Craig Ringer