[plug] Punctuation Linux Unix and Grammar

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Mon Jun 28 18:46:04 WST 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 18:04, Matt Kemner wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, quoth James Devenish:
>
> > The self-regulating [OT] subject-line designator seems to have been
> > popular (for lack of complaints), although it didn't get used as much
> > this month as it should have.
>
> In that case, please mark up one complaint. I havn't earlier for fear of
> adding to the noise.
>
> Anything that is deemed offtopic enough to require [OT] should go to the
> off-topic list IMHO.  That's what I created the off-topic list for.

>From the PLUG website:

The off-topic list

We have a separate mailing list for PLUG members to use for discussions
which are not necessarily of interest to the rest of PLUG. It can be a
place to rant and rave, debate pedantic points of language, discuss
non-Linux-related news or even argue about the merits of capitalism.
Generally, conversations which drift too far from any relevance to Linux
move to the off-topic list when people start complaining.

To join it, send an e-mail to off-topic-request at plug.linux.org.au
containing the word subscribe in the subject or body of the message. To
leave, send a message containing unsubscribe to the same address.