[plug] Email SNR... 30:1500

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 3 15:29:39 WST 2004

Hmmm...

Looking at the past 24 hours' email logs I see over 1500 inbound
SMTP sessions on my gateway/firewall. Of those, 1460 were rejected
outright as being from open relays/proxies/spam havens and known
virus relays/sources.

About 10 worms managed to find their way into my inbox. Including
one from Lucent Technolgies' "firewall".

The remainder are "legitimate" emails. If it weren't for PLUG
subscription, the SNR would be even lower. :-(

It's very, very sad that Microsoft through their "vigilance" has
made email such a useless medium for communication.