[plug] Help request

Jay Turner jturner at bsis.com.au
Tue Mar 9 14:58:55 WST 2004

> Subject: [plug] Help request
>

> I've finally got the Promise FastTrak SX4000 installed in Suse
> Standard server 8 to load up on boot up and now I need some help
> in getting the drives (3 x 120GB) to work.  What I have is a
> RAID5 configuration using the Promise utility now.  When the
> server boots it recognises the controller and the drives and the
> RAID 5.  Then Suse loads and recognises the controller card.
> When I run cfdisk I see the 40GB WD drive that we use as a boot
> drive with about 6 partitions (hda1-hda7), cdrom, and floppy.
> I had a look on the web regarding setting up the SX4000 and all I
> see is the general setup of the controller card, nothing about
> getting the drives to show up.  Does anyone have any experience
> in the area. In other words what's next?

Have you installed the driver required for SUSE?
http://www.promise.com/support/download/download2_eng.asp?productId=94&categ
ory=driver&os=1

Once the drivers are installed correctly you should be able to get
information regarding RAID status
by 'cat /proc/scsi/FastTrak/0' from memory.

Your IDE arrays should be available as /dev/sdx depending on partitioning
etc..

This information is based on my dealings with the FastTrak100 TX2 under
RedHat 7.3.

Hope this helps
Regards
Jay