[plug] Intel NIC's behaving differently ?!

Kai Jones kai.jones at broome.wa.gov.au
Mon Mar 15 16:28:55 WST 2004

James Devenish wrote:
> In message <40556398.5090409 at broome.wa.gov.au>
> on Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 04:04:40PM +0800, Kai Jones wrote:
>
>>Here's a Linux related problem for a change...the desktop machine I use
>>has an Intel Pro/100 S Desktop Adaptor in it, but when I try to connect
>>to our Terminal Server with it I get "Broken pipe" messages, however,
>>the Toshiba Laptop that's next to me with a Pro/100 V card in it works fine.
>

> I'm guessing that there are one or two other differences between the
> machines. And when you talk about a "Terminal Server"...what is that?
> "Broken pipe" on POSIX systems typically corresponds to EPIPE (broken
> pipe). A "pipe" in this case is a form of interprocess communication,
> not a network communication. What is the application software that you
> are using?

Terminal Server = Windows 2000 Terminal Server
Someone's just borrowed the laptop I was using, I can't remember the
exact name of the program I was using for remote access but I think it's
  "Remote Desktop" under KDE's Networking -> Remote Access menu.

I initially thought the problem was with encryption levels on the
Terminal Server, RTFM'd and google'd and the suggestions were to lower
the encryption leven and it's all good...but the encryption level is
already set to "low", so that wasn't it.

Did that give you the info you're asking about or did I miss the boat ?