[plug] BPay doesn't like Mozilla ?

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Wed Mar 17 13:04:16 WST 2004

Tony Breeds wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 10:10:11AM +0800, Kai Jones wrote:
>
>>Hi guys,
>>
>>This isn't a Linux specific question but would probably affect Mozilla
>>based browsers on Linux.
>>
>>Does anyone use Telstra's web based BPay and have problems with it ?
>>using Mozilla 1.6 and or 1.7a, the search and manage users features in
>>BPay don't work.
>

> Try FireFox[1] with the useragent switcher[2].  You can then claim to be IE
> (yuck).  I've hreard that this works but I've never done it myself.

The useragent switcher only works if the site looks at the browser string. Mozilla and it's
derivatives still give out the default information to any javascript check which renders it useless
on all but the most basic sites. <sigh> It's a longstanding bug with Mozilla.

I had to install windows ME under Win4Lin to get a version of IE that would work with my companies
bloody accounting software.
I mean whats the point of having software with a browser interface if it ties into IE specific
"extensions" and won't work with anything else?

And no, IE6 installed under crossover office just locks up hard when trying to access this system.
It appears to bend IE completely to it's ragged edge.

QEmu is starting to look good though, perhaps not long until I can install windows inside that. Even
win2k is getting close now.

Brad